Private bus operators to go for islandwide strike

Private bus operators to go for islandwide strike

December 14, 2011   12:56 pm

Private bus operators have decided to go for an islandwide strike as authorities have failed to fulfill promises made to them, President of the Private Bus Owners Association, Gemunu Wijeratne said today.

 

On December 13 Wijerathne addressing a media briefing he said that the month that was given to the government to respond to their demand is now over while the bus owners will meet to decide on what steps are to be taken.

 

Meanwhile, the All Island Private Bus Owners Federation President, Stanley Fernando claimed that the launching a protest would be unfair considering the Transport Minister had already given a reply to their demands.

Disclaimer: All the comments will be moderated by the AD editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or slanderous. Please avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment and avoid typing all capitalized comments. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by flagging them(mouse over a comment and click the flag icon on the right side). Do use these forums to voice your opinions and create healthy discourse.

Most Viewed Video Stories

LIVE🔴 Ada Derana Lunch Time News Bulletin 12.00 pm

LIVE🔴 Ada Derana Lunch Time News Bulletin 12.00 pm

President Dissanayake needs to rectify JVP's mistake first – MP Dilith Jayaweera (English)

President Dissanayake and Indian PM Modi hold high-level bilateral talks (English)

Court order preventing protests issued against FSP and IUSF members (English)

LIVE🔴 Ada Derana Prime Time News Bulletin 6.55 pm

🔴LIVE - Ada Derana 12.00 Midday Prime News Bulletin - 2025.04.05

Grand ceremonial reception for Indian PM Narendra Modi at Independence Square in Colombo

President vows to ensure fair prices for farmers and consumers for agri produce (English)