CID arrest TNA candidate on suspicion of human smuggling
July 25, 2012 10:33 am
The CID has arrested a person in connection with illegal human smuggling while Police Spokesman SP Ajith Rohana stated that the suspect is also contesting the upcoming Provincial Council elections in the East representing the Tamil National Alliance (TNA).
He further reported that initial investigations had revealed that the suspect had assisted an operation illegally transporting groups of people out of the country.
The police added that the suspect, Suresh Kumar had also represented the TNA within a local government body in the past.
- VIDEO: Student who stabbed female lecturer arrested
- Tense situation at Open Uni after student attacks lecturer
- Duminda Silva arrives in parliament after 18 months of leave
- 13A is administratively a “white elephant” - Lalith Weeratunga
- VIDEO: Three killed and 70 injured as bus carrying children falls into precipice