Dayasiri vows to implement National Sports Policy
September 7, 2015 12:05 pm
The National Sports Policy of Sri Lanka will be implemented within the next two years in a bid to strengthen and develop the sports industry, Sports Minister Dayasiri Jayasekara says.
The observation was made after he assumed duties at the Ministry of Sports this morning (7).
He also added that steps will be taken to hold the elections of sport bodies without any delay.
Main goals of the National Sports Policy:
1. To make Sports an integral part of Sri Lankan Culture and Society.
2. To utilize Sports to enrich the quality of life, physical wellbeing and health of all Sri Lankans.
3. To provide knowledge, access and the opportunity for everyone to participate in Sports and enjoy its benefits.
4. To make available resources and appropriate infrastructure for the overall development of Sport.
5. To assist every Sri Lankan to achieve optimum potential in Sport and ensure that international image of Sri Lanka as a successful sporting nation is both viable and sustainable.
6. To develop a Sports Industry in Sri Lanka, create new employment and
contribute to the promotion of economic growth.
7. To utilize the field of sports as one of the main foreign exchange earner of Sri Lanka.
8. To bring peace and communal harmony through the sports.